Geotechnical Engineer (Intermediate)
Area of Interest: EN : Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
Job Type: Full Time
of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 12/29/2016
Experience (Years): 5
Golder Associates Ltd. is seeking an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join our Ground Engineering Division as part of our Greater Golden Horseshoe Operations, at the Mississauga location. As an intermediate engineer, you will work with junior to senior geotechnical colleagues on a variety of projects, with particular emphasis on geotechnical and foundations engineering for infrastructure, rail, pipelines, land development and power projects.
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to:
* Working in a team environment providing geotechnical engineering services;
* Lead geotechnical engineering and/or project manager for engineering projects for a wide variety of engineering projects for public and private sector clients;
* Lead and assist senior staff in executing geotechnical engineering projects from the proposal stage, to planning and directing the field program, through data analysis and detailed design, to reporting and delivering solutions to our clients;
* Providing technical direction to junior staff;
* Assist senior staff in managing our client relationships, including business and new client development to expand the scope of our existing services; and
* Performing other duties as required
While the primary focus will be on civil / geotechnical engineering projects in the Greater Golden Horseshoe, opportunities will exist to work with other divisions in Golder’s multidisciplinary offices, as well as other Golder offices in Ontario and beyond.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
* University graduate with a degree in civil or geological engineering
* Currently registered or eligible for registration with PEO/P.Eng
* 5 to 8 years of relevant working experience since graduation
* A sound base in the application of geotechnical engineering to problem solving
* Strong interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills
* Strong written and oral communication (English) skills
* Ability to work in a tem environment
* Valid driver’s license
In addition, to be successful at Golder Associates Ltd., you will possess the following Success Attributes: ownership attitude; shows initiative; enthusiastic; learning and growth; willing to ask questions; versatile / flexible; good communication; detail and quality focus; good judgment; organization; and work ethic.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee:owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy..
No phone calls please. We thank all the individuals who expressed interest.
Only those individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.tiptopjob.com/jobs/67600216_job.asp?source=trovit