Junior Industrial Hygiene/Occupational Health and Safety Consultant
Area of Interest: EN : EHS, H and S, and Industrial Hygiene (HS)
Job Type: Full Time
of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 3/9/2017
Experience (Years): 1
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WGRADVAC
Golder Associates’ Ottawa office has an immediate opening for a Junior Occupational Hygienist / Health and Safety Specialist. The successful candidate will work within our local Environmental Division and more broadly with our regional, national and global Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) groups, comprised of occupational/industrial hygienists, health and safety professionals, hazardous materials managers and EHS compliance auditors.
This is an excellent career opportunity for the successful candidate to work with a dynamic consulting team on challenging projects for local, regional, national and global clients. Access to Golders local, regional, national and global senior EHS consultants provides for knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities.
The successful candidate will work on projects involving industrial/occupational hygiene, hazardous materials management and EHS compliance and management. The Occupational Hygienist will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities including:
* Providing Project Coordination Services, which will include:
* Assisting the project manager initiate and manage projects from the proposal stage to completion;
* Developing project scopes of work and budgets;
* Preparing proposals;
* Scheduling and supervising resources to ensure projects are progressing efficiently;
* Generating reports and correspondence; and,
* Identifying and rectifying site issues and project concerns.
* Providing Occupational Hygiene Services and Expertise, which will include:
* Conducting industrial hygiene audits and site assessments;
* Conducting industrial hygiene monitoring of noise and biological and chemical substances; and,
* Conducting indoor air quality monitoring and assessments.
* Providing Hazardous Materials Management Expertise, including:
* Conducting building assessments for hazardous materials, including asbestos, lead, and mould;
* Preparing, developing, and tendering remediation specifications for hazardous material removal, including but not limited to asbestos, lead, and silica; and,
* Providing on:site inspection services for hazardous materials remediation projects, including but not limited to contractor oversight, air sampling, and reporting.
* Actively participating in and encouraging adherence to our Health and Safety policy, programs and industry best practices;
* Effectively stewarding and building client relationships leading to repeat business;
* Building strong collaborative relationships and networking with other Golder employees and within the EHS technical community; and
Assisting in the development and growth of our local and regional EHS practice and company.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong interpersonal skills, be an outstanding oral and written communicator, have the ability to think critically and understand the consulting business model.
The following minimum qualifications are necessary for this position:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene or Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent Environmental Sciences;
* A minimum of 1:2 years’ experience as an Occupational/Industrial Hygienist or Environmental Health and Safety Professional;
* Proficiency in both English and French (written and spoken) is not critical but an asset;
* Actively working towards certification as an Industrial or Occupational Hygienist (CIH or ROH), a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or other relevant professional accreditation;
* Be passionate about EHS performance improvement and have experience developing and deliver
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.tiptopjob.com/jobs/67677200_job.asp?source=trovit