Project/Business Unit Manager
Location: CA:AB:Fort McMurray
Area of Interest: EN : Planning, Design and Project Management
Job Type: Full Time
of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 5/30/2017
Experience (Years): 7
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WPROJECTS
Golder Associates Ltd. is seeking an intermediate (C4) business leader in Fort McMurray to provide oversight of a multi:disciplinary team associated with our monitoring business, primarily in the Oil Sands region.
It is expected that the successful candidate will work closely with a Principal or Associate to oversee the development and maintenance of the business unit. This a full time position with an anticipated utilization target of 65.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Directing a multi:disciplinary project team and associated subcontractors;
* Ensuring compliance with Preferred Operating Procedures (POPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
* Preparation of project budgets;
* Writing and reviewing proposals;
* Managing schedule and budget for task/service orders;
* Coordinating with project managers from the clients team;
* Writing and reviewing reports;
* Facilitating issues to resolution;
* Understanding of client and site specific health and safety requirements; and
* Completing health, safety and environment inspections.
The successful candidate will possess:
* A university degree(s) in natural or earth sciences, and a minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience related to Oils Sands operational environmental monitoring.
* Understanding of any or all of the following monitoring programs is an asset: nest sweeps, soil salvage, water quality, winter tracking, amphibian salvage, breeding bird surveys, turbidity, aquatic habitat, vegetation and rare plants, wetlands and ground water.
* Preference will be given to those individuals with knowledge around Federal and Provincial Regulatory framework related to Oil Sands EIA’s and operations.
* The Project Manager should have experience with working on multi:disciplinary projects, providing technical guidance by developing and executing field work programs and preparing technical reports.
* Managerial experience should include co:ordinating and coaching junior staff and should demonstrate leadership and team building skills.
* The successful candidate will also have the ability to understand our clients and their business to help them succeed.
* Strong communications and writing skills are a key requirement.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates.
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth.
* Employee mentoring program.
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages.
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee:owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long:term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients’ needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 6,000 people who operate from more than 160 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.tiptopjob.com/jobs/67677202_job.asp?source=trovit