Description: We seek a talented computational scientist to specialize in analysis and interpretation of high:throughput assay data to elucidate key aspects of therapeutic action.
The insight gained will contribute directly to identification and development of novel therapies for complex diseases of unmet medical need. The position would suit a post:doctoral level researcher, looking to bridge the gap between academic and industrial research.
We are looking for strong previous experience in mathematical modeling of complex systems and/or use of systems biology approaches to interpret proteomic and transcriptomic data in biological and clinical context.
The position will include scope for research into quantitative mathematical models of biological behavior alongside Celgene colleagues and academic collaborators.
Activities of the CITRE Computational Research group focus on application of contemporary computational analysis methods to improve therapeutic outcomes for Celgene patient populations across a range of diseases. This position would involve considerable inter:disciplinary collaboration with colleagues across Celgene Research.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Develop and implement state:of:the:art approaches for biological pathway and network analysis to elucidate the perturbation of cellular mechanisms;
– Design, implement and refine mathematical models of diverse biological scenarios and utilize heterogeneous biological data in the modeling approach;
– Participation in design of laboratory experiments to validate model outputs and predictions;
– Present and report methods, results and conclusions to a publishable standard, both internally and outside the company where required; and
– Participate in wider group endeavors concerning the elucidation of compound mechanisms of action, drug resistance and prediction of target indications.
Skills/Knowledge Required: Qualifications required include:
– Ph.D. in a relevant discipline, e.g. physics, maths, biochemistry, bioinformatics, systems biology, from a recognized higher:education establishment;
– Prior experience (3+ years) of applied mathematical modeling and nonlinear dynamics research in academic or industrial research scenarios;
– Research experience involving a range of modeled scenarios and mathematical approaches, with focus on biological processes preferable;
– Familiarity with protein interaction/regulatory network collections and network/pathway based analysis methods preferable;
– Research experience involving a the integration/interpretation of data and analytical results from a range of experimental assay platforms would be valuable;
– Track record of scientific publication in relevant areas;
– Ability to understand and communicate the output of computational research to multi:disciplinary scientific teams;
– Expertise in statistical programming and data manipulation, using e.g. R/Bioconductor, Matlab, Python, plus good knowledge of contemporary database structures; and
– Verbal and written English language fluency. Proficiency in Spanish language would be advantageous.
Primary Location: Spain:Andalusia:Seville
Job: Research and Early Development
Organization: Celgene Research S.L.
Schedule: Limited Term
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full:time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: 2016:04:29 00:00:00.0